Tuesday 30 April 2024

Finland - Saimaannorppa (The Saimaa Seal)


Kurittula school is very happy to be able to represent Finland in the Schoolovision 2024 contest! Our song this year is a Finnish children's song Saimaannorppa (The Saimaa Seal). The song is about an endangered Finnish animal species  whose protection is important. 


The Saimaa seal

(Composition & Lyrics Leena Untamala, Lyrics in English Pauliina Kaksonen)


I’m a Saimaa seal called Armas. I’ve got flippers, missing toes.

I play with friends in water, we fish swirling under water.

You can see me here, on a rock or on the frozen lake.

There are only few of us left, so for our good, please protect. 


:,: Hi, hi, I’m a Saimaa seal! Hi, hi, I say hi to you! :,:


I am aware for the lake is so vast. I probably dodge the nets but only just.

I high five my friends and together we start to sing.

You can see me here, on a rock or on the frozen lake.

There are only few of us left, so for our good, please protect. 


:,: Hi, hi, I’m a Saimaa seal! Hi, hi, I say hi to you! :,:


I really enjoy just lingering, that’s why I crawl towards the beach and start floating.


:,: Hi, hi,  I’m a Saimaa seal! Hi, hi, I say hi to you! :,:


Starring

Aino, Alva, Amanda, Anette, Axel, Elli E., Elli R., Elsa, Emma, Hilla, Hilma, Iines, 

Karola, Leevi, Mainio, Melinda, Nessa, Ria, Sanni, Vappu, Venna, Viia&Vilja


News anchors

Celenia&Lucille


Audio background

Mika Suominen (guitar), Olli Mäkelä (percussion),

Elina Ukkonen (accordion) & Liisa Saksman (whistling)


Direction&video

Kirsimari Pohjanheimo&Olli Mäkelä


Thank you

Linda Purtanen (The Saimaa Seal), Jenni Hakula&Tarja Niemelä




19 comments:

  1. If everyone would take care of nature and animals we wouldn´t need to sing this kind of songs. Continue singing until people open their eyes and start taking care of it.
    Beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceylin Sude,Turkey1 May 2024 at 09:01

    Your message is very meaningful.I hope it reaches to people who destroy them good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihana laulu.. lots of love from Israel ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely song! I like how you combined the clever and easy-going presentation of the song with that earnest cause. And, oh boy, can these girls speak English ever so well! Truly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and very important message!
    Congratulations from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's the best song of all the other schools.
    Great job from Norway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice song. I like it very mutch. Congratulation to a Nice song. From Norway 🇧🇻

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is very good. from norway

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was funny Lauritz norway 5 grade krinsjå skole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute song It is important to protect the seal and all animals in the world. Lovely idea for a children's song, cool photos. An important message. Thank You. Meirav, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Defne, Turkey7 May 2024 at 06:50

    Your voice is veryansın CUTE! And the children are very cute. Song has very nice mean. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it that they throw away seal away and catch it again in another picture

    ReplyDelete
  13. really good Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet idea and very well performed. Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. bravo, it was very successful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ardan, Turkey8 May 2024 at 22:21

    This song is very meaningful to me because I love nature & animals. We have to protect and take care of them. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete